Assignment 1
We are required to produce 8 A5 sketches by using the correct forms of sketching and rendering. We were required to sketch body parts/figures/nature, object projection, geometric projection, a city, one point perspective of an area in Taylor's University, two point perspective of an area in Taylor's University, details in Taylor's University and trace a picture of a building using free hand. The sketches were pasted on two A2 mounting boards with correct labeling.
A- Body Part
B- Objects
C- Geometric Projection
D- My City
E- One Point Perspective
F- Two Points Perspective
G- Tracing a Building
H- Detail in Taylor
Reflection
In this project, I learnt the correct methods of sketching and form of rendering. It is essential to use the appropriate media to display the context of the artwork. The main objective of this project is for us to develop a special sense of visualizing an object. After the completion of this project, I found that my understanding towards the fundamental design principles increased tremendously. I learnt to identify the light source projected on the object and by applying various line weights, I showed the brightness and darkness of various parts of the artwork. It definitely increased my sketching skills as I knew so little about sketching before this project. The videos projected and links shared by the lectures are so helpful. The technical skills and tips provided by the links definitely opened my mind towards the idea of sketching.
Assignment 2 Part 1
In this project, we were required to measure and prepare documentation of the site directed by the lecturers. In a group of 6, we were given a specific site, which is the library reception area, to measure and record the data in specific format. A list of drawings and plans were required. We had to produce a layout plan, a detailed plan, three elevations, two perspectives, two bubble diagrams, one axonometric projection, one detailed sketches and one diagrammatic analysis.Some of the plans and drawings were coloured by Copic markers to show the texture of the materials used. The drawings were neatly arranged into an A3 file for submission.
Introduction
Layout Plan
Detailed Plan
Elevation 1
Elevation 2
Elevation 3
Perspective Sketches
Axonometric Projection
Detailed Sketches
Bubble Diagram 1
Bubble Diagram 2
Diagrammatic Analysis
Reflection
From this project, I learnt the correct method and format in constructing floor plans. The signage and symbols were new to me and I gained so much knowledge in arranging the measurements accordingly in the plans. I learnt that in the profession of Architecture, to be able to communicate well through neat data compilation is really important. I learnt the correct symbols used for different types of windows and doors, and also for different types of building material. I referred to many books to construct the correct plans. I learnt that the process of collecting data is crucial to get the accurate measurements of drawings which are to scale. I learnt that to be able to analyze the spaces and observe the site thoroughly is important for design development process.
Assignment 2 Part 2
In a group of 6, we were required to carry out site analysis for our site, which is the library reception area. We were assigned to present our site analysis in 10 to 15 pieces of A3 papers. We used the floor plans, elevations and some data collected in Assignment 2 Part 1 in this project. Scanning of floor plans were allowed by the lecture. We arranged the information accordingly based on a few titles such as : location, site context, circulation, human activities, visual presentation, sensory, climate and SWOT analysis. Research was done by each individuals of the team to produce the site analysis report. The reports were pasted on the wall for presentation purpose.
Pictures
Reflection
In this project, I learnt to be observant while being at the site. I learnt that I have to determine the constraints and strength of my site in order for me to develop my design. To communicate well with the users of the site is relatively important. I asked a few students and librarians about the limitation and problems they faced while using the reception area. I learnt the skills of managing the information from verbal communication with the users and the information through my constant observation. The presentation layout of the site analysis is a key for the presentation to be a success as I learnt from Surayyn's group. They did a great job in connecting all the information together so that they appeared to be synchronized. It is essential to be patience in order to get the useful data while doing site analysis.
Assignment 3
In this project, we were required to design a practical and decorative wall installation in Library Reception Area. Various tutorial sessions were conducted by the lecturers in order for us to improve our design. I designed a wall installation with the function of showing the availability of discussion room. We were required produce two A2 size drawings which include our idea inspiration, design development, elevations, plans, and explanation of design. We were required to produce a 1:25 model for us to visualize the design of the wall installation. Research on wall installation was carried out. Sketches were done in order to improvise the ideas of our wall installation. My wall installation was named "Breakthrough" as it symbolizes a breakthrough for me to develop my ideas and it was inspired by the breaking pieces of glass under the reflection of light.
Model of scale of 1:25
Perspective of my model
Perspective of my model
Front view of my model
Constructing process of my model
Comparison of sketches and model.
The process of producing the presentation board.
Presentation session with Guest Lecturer.
Layout of my Presentation Board
My Presentation Board during Presentation.
Reflection
In this project, I discovered that design is a process which needs great observation skills to develop our ideas. I got my idea inspiration while my phone screen was broken. I discovered that design is something for us to unwind our mind and let our drawings and sketches speak by itself. It is not something rigid and we need to explore every possibilities out there in order for us to be outstanding. I also learnt the proper way of generating ideas and adapting the functional aspect to the design. Continuous sketches are helpful for us to develop our ideas. I learnt the correct method to arrange the drawing while preparing the presentation board. The correct font size and font and colour scheme used are important as a key to visual quality of the whole presentation board. The correct colouring media and picture size were important too.



































Your reflection is the same as Jocelyn!!!! I wanted to give you 4.5/5 ... now I have to reconsider.
ReplyDelete1.You one page of introduction and profile of your self. But not the course
2. copied reflections from jocelyn!!!..
3. Good annotations and information under the images.
4. Missing Information about the Journal exercise and compilation plus the Hard copy portfolio.
5. Lack information about your final project such as why you design it that way.. and why this and that about your layout etc.
1/5
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete